17 December 2012

Gluten-Free Brownies ... Halleujah!

The moment December 1st rolls around, my brain immediately switches to "sweets mode".  I usually fret over what I'll bake throughout the month - a mixture of family favorites and new-to-me recipes - but this year has definitely presented a challenge now that we're gluten-free.  I came across a recipe for "Gluten-Free Saucepan Brownies" in Unbelievably Gluten-Free by Anne Byrne, realized I had all the necessary ingredients on hand, and threw caution to the wind.  Why caution to the wind?  Because I generally don't have success baking brownies from scratch ... as in there have been incidents where they stuck so badly to the baking dish the dish had to be thrown away ... so we don't eat brownies.  That has changed!

This recipe was as simple as it gets.  The most difficult part was waiting for the brownies to cool for one hour before slicing and devouring.  They got a thumbs-up from every member of my family - I'll definitely be making these again, and again, and again, and again.





No comments:

Post a Comment