07 December 2012

Almond Flour Pancakes

I received the Honeyville almond flour I ordered and knew the first thing I wanted to try was the almond flour pancakes I saw on The Urban Poser.  While in the process of getting a batch of these mixed up, I had to tell a little white lie.  Yes, I admit I lied to my child to get him to give them a try.  My teen doesn't think before he speaks.  He loves nuts, my youngest child does not.  My teen wanted to know if almond flour was really made of almonds, and I told him yes.  He asked if he could taste the flour and I told him sure.  He loudly exclaimed the flour tasted just like almonds and my youngest heard this proclamation.  At that point the youngest informed me he would NOT be trying the pancakes, so I told him his big brother was kidding and it was really flour I was using.  He's young enough for me to get away with it, and I don't feel the least bit sorry I fibbed.  Why?  Because he ate every bite and told me they taste like angels!


My kids were gobbling these down so fast I had to resort to taking a photo while I had a couple cooking.  In making mine I used the recipe linked above and did the following ... used 1/4 tsp. sea salt, subbed 1 T. organic ground flaxseed meal and 3 T. water for one of the eggs (because I only had 2 eggs on hand), subbed 4 T. organic rice milk for the coconut milk, used vanilla instead of lemon juice, and did use the optional cinnamon.  Jenni, aka The Urban Poser, is not kidding when she says to keep these pancakes small because they are difficult to flip.  I managed not to make too big of a mess and didn't burn anything.  Other than the flipping difficulty, these are extremely simple to make and downright yummy.  They were sweet, but not overly so.  I cooked mine in organic extra virgin coconut oil and served them with a wee bit of pure maple syrup.  I will definitely be making these again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment